Admission into the Department of Systems Engineering is through the University Matriculation Examination and Direct Entry.
University Matriculation Examination
Minimum entry qualifications for admissions through the Joint Matriculation Examination will be one of the following:
West African School Certificate, G.C.E. (‘A’ Level) or Senior Secondary School Certificate with credit in at least five subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Further Mathematics,Chemistry and Physics.
The acceptable qualifications for admission into first degree courses by direct entry include:
1. A first degree from a university recognized by the Unilag Senate for this purpose.
1. Direct entry candidates for admission into the Faculty of Engineering must have H.S.C. or G.C.E. ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Mathematics (Pure and Applied) and ‘A’ level credit in Chemistry. Candidates who wish to study Chemical Engineering must have ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
2. Holders of the Higher National Diploma or its equivalent with an overall aggregate mark of at least 65% may be admitted directly into 200 level of the B.Sc. Engineering Course, subject to each case being considered on its merit.
3. Direct Entry candidates for the degree programme in Computer Science must possess an Advanced Level pass in at least two of the following: Pure mathematics, Mathematics (Pure and Applied), Applied Mathematics and Physics. Experience of Computer Programming and System Analysis will be an advantage.
4. Applicants may be required to take a test before the final decision is taken.
For more information, please contact:
The Admissions Officer,
Admissions Office, 1st Floor